Jan 10, 2015
Gary Bembridge author of "The Cruise Traveler's Handbook" provides
another 60-Second Cruise Tip. For more visit
http://www.60secondcruisetips.com and subscribe free to the podcast
on iTunes, Stitcher Radio and TuneIn Radio
When heading off on a cruise you should assume your suitcase
will be delivered to your cabin after the ship has departed, and so
I always recommend to cruisers that they should pack the following
into a carry-on bag rather than suitcases they hand in at
- Your cruise tickets, most lines require you to check-in online
and print off an eTicket.
- Identity documents including passport and another photo ID,
such as a driver’s license.
- Credit card, or cash to cover on-board spend. You have to
provide this when checking in. Some cruise lines do not take debit
cards, so check in advance.
- Valuables including electronic goods like cameras, tablets,
smartphones and laptops and jewellery and watches.
- Important documents like travel insurance documents, emergency
contact numbers and copies of visas and vaccination
- Things you may need before your bags arrive in your cabin, like
swimwear if you want to swim or use the hot tub before the ship
A simple test is to think about what you would least like to go
astray and what you want to do on the ship before your regular
suitcase to arrives.