Dec 20, 2014
Gary Bembridge author of "The
Cruise Traveler's Handbook" provides another 60-Second Cruise
Tip. For more visit http://www.60secondcruisetips.com and subscribe
free to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher Radio and TuneIn Radio
6 More Money Saving Tips
I am always asked how cruisers can save money on board. The
following are six more tips on savings to help you stay within
- Use the free juices, teas, coffees and water at meals and in
the buffet rather than ordering them at the pool, bars or
- Water fountains are around the ship and, although it is not
encouraged, you can refill water bottles there. Many lines allow
you to bring bottled water and sodas on board. Check in advance if
this is permitted.
- See if your cruise line allows you to bring any alcohol for use
in your cabin. Most do not, but some may permit limited quantities
and charge corkage fees in the restaurants.
- Attend cocktail parties you are invited to as they serve free
drinks and canapés.
- Check if there will be a CruiseCritic Meet & Mingle event
and sign up. In addition to receiving free refreshments you will
also meet other guests who will have money saving tips.
- 6Stay clear of promotional activities like merchandise sales
tables, shopping talks, art shows and auctions and on-board
Do not shop close to the port as these are likely to have premium
prices. Ask the crew where they go to shop as they are likely to
know the best markets, stores and malls.
Get more of my money saving tips in other episodes
cruise, cruising, tip, tips, advice,