Dec 25, 2014
Gary Bembridge author of "The Cruise Traveler's Handbook"
provides another 60-Second Cruise Tip. For more visit
http://www.60secondcruisetips.com and subscribe free to the podcast
on iTunes, Stitcher Radio and TuneIn Radio
Another 6 Money Saving Tips
I am always asked how cruisers can save money on board. You can be
sure that the line will be working hard to get you to spend money
and you need to budget and ensure you monitor and track your
The following are another six tips on savings to help you stay
- Do not sign up for premium events like art classes, wine
tastings, cocktail making and flower arranging. They can be
- Take your own photographs while boarding and on formal nights
rather than buying the costly cruise line ones.
- Do not buy the special cocktails and champagne on offer at
sail- away parties as these are usually at a premium.
- Avoid using the Internet on board and rely on free Wi-Fi in
ports. Ask the crew or follow where they go, as they will know
where the closest free ones are.
- Try not to use your mobile phone on board and disable data
roaming to avoid receiving a significant bill on return home.
- Use the complimentary laundry rooms. You may need to bring or
buy washing powder to use in them.
Get more of my money saving tips in other episodes